RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR CONAIR FOR MEN CAMPAIGN
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Conair for Men World Beard Day Campaign is open only to those who sign up on Twitter and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry (19 or older in Alabama and Nebraska).The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Conair Corporation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members of and/or those living in the same household of the Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and conditionally bound by these Rules and Regulations, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Conair Corporation as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 3, 2016 at 12:01am EST and ending September 3, 2016 at 11:59pm EST. All online entries must be received by September 3, 2016 at 11:59pm EST.
4. How to Enter: All contestants must submit a photo entry on Twitter, tagging both @ConairforMen Twitter handle and use hashtag: #GetConfident. The contestant as well as the submitted entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win and receive a prize. Incomplete entries or entries which do not otherwise adhere to the Rules and Regulations or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Conair Corporation. If You use fraudulent methods, profane language, inappropriate images or otherwise Attempt to circumvent the Rules and Regulations, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Conair Corporation.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive (1) Conair for Men iStubble, (1) autographed Jeffrey Earnhardt NASCAR die cast car, and (1) autographed Jeffrey Earnhardt hero card, with a total value of $169.95. Actual/appraised value of the prize may differ at time the prize is awarded. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Conair Corporation. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Conair Corporation’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Conair Corporation to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLED BY SPONSOR. ALL PRIZE DETALS ARE AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION.
6. Odds: The odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random vote under the supervision of Conair Corporation, and all prizes will be awarded. Winner will be notified by by Twitter message within five (5) days following selection of Winner, by September 8, 2016. Conair Corporation has no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible or fails to claim the prize within seven (7) days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt of the prize by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all Federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS BY WINNER (AT CONAIR CORPORATION‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Conair Corporation, anyone acting on behalf of Conair Corporation, and Conair Corporation’s licensees, successors, assigns, advertising and promotion agencies shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information (hometown, city, state) for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent by You. Furthermore, by entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Conair Corporation. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, indemnify, defend, and hold Conair Corporation harmless from and against any and all lawsuits, proceedings, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Conair Corporation may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right. The winner acknowledges that (i) the Sweepstakes Entities have no control over Advertising content or materials once they have been published, posted or otherwise released in the public domain and (ii) the Sweepstakes Entities shall have no liability for, and shall have no duty to police unauthorized use of or to take down, and Advertising content published by any third party in any medium now known or later developed, including, without limitation, via social media, video sharing sites, internet based “widgets” or any internet, social media or other platform that allows user generated postings or content.
9. Terms & Conditions: Conair Corporation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Conair Corporation’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Conair Corporation may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Conair Corporation. Conair Corporation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Conair Corporation has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign Rules and Regulations; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Conair Corporation reserves the right to take legal action to remedy the violation to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Conair Corporation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such contestant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN, RULES AND REGULATIONS, AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES AREGOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF MARYLAND, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICT OF LAW PRICIPLES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, You agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and shall be settled by arbitration administered in Montgomery County, Maryland, by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its applicable commercial rules. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall contestant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than contestant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Contestant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. THE PARTIES HERETO SHALL, AND THEY HEREBY DO, WAIVE TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING, OR COUNTERCLAIM BROUGHT BY EITHER OF THE PARTIES HERETO AGAINST THE OTHER ON ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS AGREEMENT, THE CAMPAIGN, THE CONTEST, OR ANY CLAIM FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, THE CAMPAIGN OR THE CONTEST.
14. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules and Regulations, mail your request along with a stamped, self- addressed envelope to: HZDG, 10101 Molecular Drive, Rockville, MD 20850. Requests must be received no later than September 3, 2016.
15. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is HZDG, 10101 Molecular Drive, Rockville, MD 20850.
16. By checking here, you, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules and Regulations.